Friday, May 23, 2014

Rice Krispy Treats With A Twist

About 5 years ago I started making all my rice krispy treats with Cheerios instead of rice krispies. I love the way they taste and the texture, it is a nice change from the normally rice krispy treat that everyone knows and loves (including me). Truth be told the possibilities are endless of what you can add to the melted marshmallows to make nice treats. I do urge you to try it with Cheerios though. I have done it with plain Cheerios mainly, but this time I switched it up and did a mix of chocolate Cheerios and peanut butter Cheerios... AMAZING is all I have to say about them. So here they are:

Ingredients

- 3 tablespoons of butter (I used salted. Note: diet butters or tub margarines are not recommended)
- 1 10 oz package of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Cheerios (I used 3 cups each of chocolate and peanut butter Cheerios)


1) Melt the butter on low heat in a large saucepan. Then add the marshmallows.


2) Stir the marshmallow and butter mixture until the marshmallows have completely melted. (Note: while the marshmallows were melting I quickly measured 3 cups each of the Cheerios and blended them together in a large bowl)


3) Once the marshmallows are completely melted add the Cheerios and stir until evenly coated.


4) Lastly, transfer your coated Cheerios to a greased glass casserole dish and spread evenly. Note: use a greased spatula or spoon to spread your mixture, if not your Cheerios will stick to your spatula or spoon.


All that is left after those steps to allow to cool, cut, and devour them. Quick sidenote: they are amazing warm too; allow them to cool slightly, so your don't burn your tongue on the hot marshmallow, and then cut a piece and enjoy. I would definitely recommend trying this recipe, it is simple and super tasty.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment