Friday, January 24, 2014

Bertucci's Style Dinner Rolls

I absolutely love Bertucci's restaurants dinner rolls and I wanted to recreate them at home; but, of course they don't share their recipe online.  I do know that their rolls and pizza dough is made up of just four simple ingredients, so I played around with them a little and I think I have found a recipe that is pretty close to a recreation.  If you love them too, you should give this a try, so you can have them at home any time.

Ingredients

- 3 1/2 to 4 cups of bread flour (I bread flour instead of all-purpose flour gives it a better taste)
-  2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast 
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups of warm water, 110 degrees Fahrenheit


1) Add the bread flour, salt, and yeast to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer.  With the mixer running slowly add the water; allow to mix/knead until a nice firm dough ball is formed.  If it is too sticky add a tsp of flour at a time and if it is too dry add a tsp of warm water at a time.


2) Remove the dough from the stand mixer and place a in large greased bowl, making sure to flip the dough so it is coated on both sides.  Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then a clean cloth, set aside and allow to rise for 1 hr.


3) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.  Punch the dough down and roll out of the bowl onto a floured surface; knead slightly, allow to sit for 5 minutes and then cut into small roll size dough balls, (I used a pizza cutter to cut my dough).  Place your rolls onto a baking sheet, (I put corn meal on the baking sheets first, to help them not stick).  Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden.


4) Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly; then remove from the baking sheet and serve.


I think they are rather close in taste to Bertucci's rolls, they are very delicious.  Serve with butter or a nice dipping oil.  They are perfect with pasta dishes or even to use for sliders.  Give them a try and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I also use this recipe as my pizza dough and my own pizzas have never tasted better. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for not including a 14 page story before your recipe!

    ReplyDelete