Sunday, January 26, 2014

Simple Chocolate Chip Muffins

I was looking for some thing to make today that would be quick and easy for tomorrow morning; some thing nice and quick to grab for breakfast on a Monday morning.  So, I decided to make one of my favorite muffins, chocolate chip, (my hubby prefers blueberry, but we will save those for another time).  If you get a chance to make them some time, please do.  I found a quick and easy recipe (on allrecipes.com) that are super tasty.

Preheat the oven to 400 F

Ingredients

- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/4 cup of milk (I ended up using whole milk)
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chocolate chips, I prefer dark chocolate any way)

(topping)
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar


1) In a large bowl add flour, 1/2 cup of sugar, baking powder, salt, and chocolate chips, and mix well.  Add the milk, vegetable oil, and egg to a separate bowl and mix well.  Then mix the dry and wet ingredients together until the dry ingredients are moistened, the batter will be lumpy.  (I used a stand mixer to combine my ingredients together)


2) In a small bowl combine the 3 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of brown sugar, set aside. Fill your baking cups or greased muffin pan 2/3 of the way full with batter, then sprinkle with sugar/brown sugar topping.  Place in your preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  


3) Once baked remove from oven and allow to remain in pan for 1 minute, then remove from pan and serve.


The recipe yields 12 muffins.  One suggestion that I would make is that if you like a sweeter muffin use semi-sweet chocolate chips and maybe add a touch more sugar.  I really enjoy them though and I am sure my kids will love them as well when they wake in the morning.  Give them a try and let me know what you think.


Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment