Thursday, January 23, 2014

Triple Berry "Ice Cream"... A Pleasant Surprise

The other night I was making smoothies for my kids, when I was blending their frozen berries and milk before adding their other ingredients and I realized that the milk and berries made what looked like ice cream or sorbet.  So, when they went to bed I decided to see if I could make myself a good substitute for ice cream, which I crave a lot.  I loved the results, it satisfied my craving for ice cream and was so much healthier.  I hope you get a chance to try it some time.

Ingredients

- 1 cup of frozen triple berry mix (I used Market Pantry's frozen raspberry, blackberry, blueberry mix)
- 1/2 cup of whole milk


1) Place your berries and milk in a Magic Bullet or blender and blend.  Using the Magic Bullet you will have to stop blending and shake the ingredients down several times, because they tend to freeze together.  If the mixture is to thick add more milk, and if it is to thin add some more frozen berries.


2) Portion into small bowls and serve


There you have, an amazing ice cream substitute that saves a lot of calories.  This recipe will make about 3 half cup servings.  If you would like you can add 1 tsp of sugar while blending to make it a little sweeter; the triple berry mixture is a little one the tart side (which I like some times).  You can also use whatever fruit mixture you would prefer.  Please give this one a try, and let me know what you think!!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment