Monday, January 20, 2014

Egg Salad With Lettuce in Place of Bread

I love a good egg salad sandwich, but I do know some people aren't fond of them (like my husband). So, if you are in the majority that likes egg salad this simple recipe (found on allrecipes.com) is a must try.  There are just a few ingredients and with using lettuce in place of bread it makes this sandwich on the healthier side, which I know many of you are looking for healthier options these days. Give it a try.

Ingredients
(makes 2 servings)

- 4 eggs, hard boiled (I used large eggs)
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise (it is always Hellmann's in this house)
- 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard
- 1/8 tsp of paprika
- Salt and pepper (to taste)

Optional

- 2 tbsp of green onion, chopped (I did not use these this time)
- Romaine lettuce leaves 


1) Place the eggs in a 4 quart pot with cold water, enough water to cover the eggs.  Bring to a boil, then cover and turn the heat down to low for 1 minute.  After the minute remove pot from heat and leave covered for 12 minutes. After the 12 minutes drain the pot and run cold water over the eggs to cool them, then peel and place in a medium bowl. Your eggs will be a perfect hard boil, with no gray on the yolks. 


2) Chop the eggs (I used 2 butter knives and cut cross ways), add the mayonnaise, and mustard then stir.  Add your paprika and salt and pepper to taste, then stir.


3) Place a spoonful of egg salad on your romaine lettuce leaf and wrap up.


The process is rather simple for a very tasty result.  I hope you give it a try; this recipe for egg salad has become one of my favorites.  Also, experiment a little if you want; maybe you enjoy dill or pickles in your egg salad, try it out.

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment