Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Roasted Chickpeas... a Crunchy, Healthy Snack

I have heard several people talking about these roasted chickpeas lately and have really wanted to try them.  Well, I made them today and they are so good!! A simple snack that offers a healthy alternative; maybe to even help with a New Years resolution that you may have made.  I hope you get a chance to try them, I highly (HIGHLY) recommend them.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil

Optional

- salt
-garlic salt
-cayenne pepper


1) Drain the can of chickpeas, rinse, and place on a paper towel to blot dry.


2) Place the chickpeas in a medium bowl, add the olive oil and your seasoning of choice to taste. (I just used salt, to taste, which was just about 3/4 tsp for me). Place on a baking sheet, spread out, and place in preheated oven.


3) Bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30-35 minutes, depending on your oven. (I use a convection oven and it only took about 20-25 minutes).  Make sure to check them towards the end of baking, as they can burn easily.  Take them out, allow to cool and enjoy.


I think these are going to be a new staple in our house.  They are simple to make, healthy to eat, and very delicious (my kids even love them).  Please try these.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment