Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Peanut Butter Bars

I got several boxes of cake mix for free the other day from Target and I was thinking of what I can with them, besides the norm.  Well, I found a recipe for peanut butter bars that I could not resist trying, that uses boxed cake mix.  I found the recipe on mrfood.com, and let me tell you it is addicting!  I hope you get a chance to try them.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 large eggs (they need to be slightly beaten before adding them)
- 1 cup of chunky peanut butter (I used creamy because we didn't have chunky)
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted (that is 1 stick of butter, I used salted)
- 1 10 oz bag of peanut butter chips (you can use chocolate chips if you want a chocolate peanut butter bar, I used chocolate chips)
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk


1) Add the cake mix, eggs (slightly beaten), peanut butter, and melted butter to a large bowl and mix well.


2) Add half of the mixture to a baking dish and press down.  Bake for about 10 minutes in your preheated oven.


3) Remove your baking dish from the oven and top with peanut butter chips or chocolate chips, if you are using them. Then drizzle the sweetened condensed milk on top. 


4) Take the rest of your peanut butter mixture and crumble it on top. 


5) Place back in the oven and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before cutting.


One thing that I may suggest is that using chunky peanut butter will give you more texture to your peanut butter bar.  I did not use the chunky peanut butter this time, I used creamy, which still gave it awesome flavor, but a little crunch would have been even better.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment