Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Crispy Baked Chicken with a Cracker Crust

I wanted to make a nice baked chicken tonight, but ever recipe I looked up I was missing one or two of the ingredients and was running out of time to head to the store.  So, I made up my own recipe with the ingredients that I had on hand; let me just say it turned out amazing, my husband and I both loved it.  Please do give this one a try some time; it's rather simple and so full of flavor.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 2 lbs of chicken breast 
- 15 to 20 Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 of a medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 of a large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted (I used salted)


1) Prep your chicken first by trimming any extra fat and cutting into long strips (similar to chicken tenders), set aside.  Dice your red onion and red bell pepper, set aside. Then, take your crackers and place them in a Ziploc bag and crush; add the garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to the bag; shake well.  Empty your cracker mixture into a medium bowl. 


2) Melt your butter. Then, roll the chicken in the butter and then the cracker mixture; and place in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish.  Pour the rest of the melted butter in between the chicken in your dish.  Top your chicken with your diced red onion and red bell pepper.


3) Place in your preheated oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and the juices run clear from your chicken.


4)  Remove from oven when finished and plate, then serve.  (I served ours with wild brown rice New Orleans style)


There you have it, the chicken was super juicy with awesome flavor.  This is definitely some thing that I will be making again and again, my daughter even loved it.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment