Thursday, January 30, 2014

Oven Baked Chicken Drumsticks

I love chicken drumsticks, but I obviously know it is not good for me to consume fried chicken all to often. So, I did some searching about a year ago for a basic oven baked drumstick recipe the will give me nice flavor and a crispy skin.  I can't remember exactly where I found this recipe, but I love it, how basic it is and how you can adjust it with any seasonings of your choice.  Give it a try some time.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 4 lbs of chicken drumsticks (about 12 to 13 drumsticks)
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 of pepper


1) Rinse your drumsticks with cool water and pat dry with paper towels, then place in a large bowl.  (The rinsing and drying will help the skin come out crispier after baking)


2) Add the olive oil, salt and pepper over the drumsticks and toss to coat.  Place them in a large glass baking dish, alternating which side of the dish you put them on.  Place in your preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 185 degrees Fahrenheit.


3)  Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly, plate and serve.


There you have it, very basic baked chicken drumsticks.  I love this recipe because the chicken always comes out juicy and the basic flavoring of salt and pepper give it a nice taste.  Give it a try and let me know what you think; and also what other seasoning you decided to try out.

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment