Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Super Simple Salsa... So Many Uses

Last year I was at the grocery store looking at different salsas in the aisle with all the other taco ingredients when I saw cans of diced chilies and diced jalapenos; and I had an idea.  I grabbed a few ingredients and came home and created this recipe.  It was an instant hit with my family and in-laws; we use it with corn chips, on chicken, in salads, and my father-in-law even uses it on his eggs.  I hope you try this, it is super simple and takes about 5 minutes to make.

Ingredients

- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes with sweet onion
- 1 15 oz can of whole kernel corn
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 4 oz can of diced chilies or jalapenos (chilies will make the salsa mild and sweeter; the jalapenos will make the salsa spicy)


1) Drain and rinse corn and black beans (I put both in the same colander, rinse and shake to mix together). Add the corn, black beans, tomatoes (do not drain), and the jalapenos (do not drain) to a bowl and mix together.


That is it, nothing else is required; no cooking or heating involved.  As the salsa sits in the refrigerator it will make its own juices and become even more flavorful.  Give this a try and feel free to add any thing else that you may prefer.  Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment