Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cheesy Chicken and Rice Bake.... SO delicious

Perfect for a relaxing Sunday afternoon at home with the family; this cheesy chicken and rice bake will mostly likely become a regular on your menu.  My sister-in-law has a recipe similar to this, but I can never remember to ask her for the recipe; so, I did some playing around and found a good combo that my family and I love.  I hope you get a chance to try it.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 1/2 lbs of boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups of cooked rice (we prefer brown rice in our home, but white rice or whatever other rice you prefer will work as well)
- 1 8 oz block of cheddar cheese (I used marble block of white cheddar and sharp cheddar)
- 8 oz of sour cream

Optional:
- Adobo seasoning (for your chicken)
- salt
-pepper


1) Start your rice first, as that will take the longest to cook.  I used a rice cooker with 1 cup uncooked brown rice and 3 cups of water. (Once cooked you will have about 2 cups of cooked rice)


2) Add a tbsp of oil to sauce pan and heat on medium to low heat. Prep your chicken, cutting off any excess fat or any tendons that may still be in your chicken breast, then cut into strips. Place your chicken in the heated pan and sprinkle with Adobo seasoning or salt and pepper, which ever you prefer. (I use Adobo seasoning). Cook through, flipping once.


3) While your rice and chicken are cooking you can shredded your block of cheese and set aside.


4) Once the chicken is done cooking, take it off the heat and shred.  I used my food processor to shred the chicken, it was a lot quicker and easier then using two forks.


5) Place the chicken and the shredded cheese in a large mixing bowl.  And once the rice is done cooking add to the mixing bowl.  After the rice is added mix the chicken, cheese, and rice together; then fold in the sour cream.


6) Transfer your mixture to a medium glass casserole dish and place in your preheated oven. Bake about 15-18 minutes or until the top starts to brown slightly.


7) Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly and serve.


You can add any extras that you would like to this recipe, such as vegetables like corn or broccoli.  I added Rotel canned tomatoes to the top of mine once it was done; which I might add is so amazing with it.  Please try this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do. Don't forget to let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment