Sunday, January 5, 2014

Simple pulled pork... use up your leftovers

I figured today that I would post a simple way to use leftover pork loin that is more then just the boring reheat.  If you try my recipe for the roast pork loin, that I posted a few days ago, and have leftovers I suggest you try this one.  It is super simple and you have totally reinvented your pork in just about 30 minutes.

Ingredients

- Leftover roasted pork loin (I had about 1 1/2 lbs left)
- 3/4 to 1 bottle of BBQ sauce (I used 3/4 of a bottle of honey mustard BBQ sauce, you can use which ever kind you prefer; and use as much as you need to cover your pork)


1) Cut your pork into small slices or chunks (mine were about 1/4 inch thick) and place in a 4 quart pot on your stove.


2) Add your BBQ sauce to the pot over top the pork (I empty my bottle of sauce and then add water to the bottle, filling the bottle about 1/3 of the way; place the cap on the bottle, shake, and pour over the pork).


3) Simmer over medium-low heat covered for about 25-30 minutes or until your pork is fork tender.  Once your pork is tender you can take two forks to twist and pull apart your pork.


4) Place 1/4 cup over a slice of bread or on a roll and serve.


There you have it; I know it may not look the prettiest, but it is so delicious.  If you desire, you can place other add-ins while your pork is simmering; such as, diced peppers, chilies, spinach, jalapenos, or any thing else that you would prefer.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment