Monday, January 13, 2014

Canned Chili Reinvented.. trust me, you should give it a try!!

I have had two cans of chili in the pantry for a couple of weeks now and was trying to think of what to do with them that would make them so much better then they are just by their self. So, I rummaged through the rest of the pantry and looked through the refrigerator and came up with this recipe idea. It is canned chili reinvented and helps you skip some steps when you don't have time to make homemade chili from scratch.  I hope you give it a try, it will surprise most of you of how good canned chili can actually be.

Ingredients

- 2 small cans of chili with beans
- 1 small can of whole kernel corn
- 1/3 box of elbow macaroni
- 1/4 to 1/2 of a sweet onion, diced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained (I used a can of diced tomatoes with onion and garlic)
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese


1) Boil the elbow macaroni until al dente, drain and place in a 4 quart pot.  After adding the macaroni, add the chili, corn, onions, diced tomatoes, chili powder, and water; then mix up well. Cover and simmer on medium to low heat for about 10-15 minutes.


2) After simmering divide into bowls, top with shredded cheese and serve with tortilla chips or crackers.


That is it, pretty simple and super tasty.  I would have never guessed this was canned chili if it was served to me.  One suggestion that I do have is that you can also add diced peppers or jalapenos to give it even more flavor.  I hope you get a chance to try it and please let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment