Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fresh Tomato and Cucumber Salad

I thought that I would keep it lite and simple today with one of my favorites.  I really enjoy this tomato and cucumber salad recipe during the hot summer days, it is super lite, cooling, and filling; but, I do crave it some times during these cold and gloomy winter days.  So, I hope you give it a try; it makes for a great side dish to many things.

Ingredients

- 1 medium cucumber, peeled
- 2 medium tomatoes (I prefer on the vine tomatoes)
- 1/4 of a medium sweet onion
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Salt
-Pepper


1) Peel and dice the cucumber; cut and remove pulp from tomatoes then dice; and quarter the onion, peel, and dice.


2) Place all of your diced produce in a medium bowl, juice 1 lemon, and pour the lemon juice into the bowl. Add salt and pepper to your taste.  Cover the bowl and shake, then you are ready to enjoy or chill your salad.


Please do try this recipe and let me know how you like it.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment