Monday, January 6, 2014

Homemade hot cocoa for this cold day

I figured I would keep it simple today; and, since it is suppose to be in the single digits here tonight I decided that hot cocoa would be a perfect recipe.  It is simple and quick, and it will warm you right up. (The recipe is from Hershey's Kitchen)

Ingredients

- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp of Hershey's cocoa powder
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup of milk (I used skim milk today, but it will be richer and have more flavor with whole milk)
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract


1) Add sugar, cocoa, and the dash of salt to a large mug. Measure milk and heat on high for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until hot.


2) Gradually mix the milk into the cocoa mixture in the mug, and mix well.  


3) Stir in the vanilla extract and serve.


That is it, super simple.  If you would you can add whipped cream or marshmallows to your cocoa; I know is we had some I definitely would have. Also, you can omit the salt if you are sensitive to the taste of salt; the salt is suppose to enhance the sweetness.

Enjoy!!

2 comments: