Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Super Easy Peanut Butter Fudge... Irresistible

I haven't posted a sweet recipe in a few days and have really been into peanut butter lately; so, what is more appropriate for today then peanut butter fudge.  This recipe (found on allrecipes.com) is super simple to follow and is SO good.  I will warn you ahead of time that it is very addicting; it is very delicious and smooth you will definitely want to keep going back for more.  I would recommend that you have plenty of people to share this with when you try out the recipe.

Ingredients

- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter (I used salted)
- 2 1/4 cups of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk (I used whole milk)
- 3/4 cup of peanut butter (I used JIF creamy peanut butter, that is normally the only brand we have in our house)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups of confectioners' sugar


1) Melt your butter in a large skillet over medium heat on the stove. (I cut my butter into 1 tbsp chunks before adding to the pan, it helps the butter to melt more evenly and not burn from being on to long)


2) Once the butter is melted, add the brown sugar and milk.  Stir together and bring to a boil; boiling for 2 minutes, stir frequently.


3) After you have boiled your mixture for 2 minutes, remove from the heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla extract.  Stir until the peanut butter is melted and all ingredients are well combined.


4) Pour your mixture over the confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl.  Beat all ingredients together until smooth.


5) Transfer your fudge to an 8" x 8"  glass dish, smooth out evenly and place in refrigerator to chill. (I lined the glass dish with wax paper before adding the fudge, it makes it easier to remove and cut after being chilled)  


6) After you have chilled your fudge and it is firm to the touch you can cut it into small squares.  Just pull the edges of the wax paper up from the corners and place a cutting board, and cut.


There you have it, super simple and super amazing peanut butter fudge.  One suggestion that I do have is to measure out all of your ingredients before you start, because once you start to melt your butter and add the other ingredients you do not have much time in between to prep the next ingredient.  Please give it a try and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!



3 comments:

  1. If I had 10x sugar in my house, I would make this today. It was awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, I am so glad you liked it!!! We have to be careful here when I make it, it is very addicting!!

      Delete
  2. Ok....found 10x sugar and just finished it. This is just amazing....it's simple, easy and as you said, very addictive....Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete