Thursday, June 19, 2014

Deviled Eggs with Honey Mustard

It seems that most BBQ's and spring/summer picnics have deviled eggs at them, making them a staple for most summer parties; so, why not try a new recipe. That is what I did today, I found a recipe on Ohsweetbasil.com and decided it was definitely worth a try. This recipe calls for honey mustard instead of the normal yellow mustard that most traditional deviled eggs call for. Let me tell you, I was impressed with the flavor, it didn't stray to far from the normal flavor of deviled eggs I am use to, but it definitely stepped it up a level. The flavor is coherent, having the perfect balance of sweetness, tang, and saltiness that I think a deviled egg should have. Definitely give these a try.

Ingredients

- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 3 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of white vinegar (I opted to leave this out)
- 1 tbsp of honey mustard (I used Bolthouse honey mustard yogurt dressing)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Paprika for garnish


1) Cool and peel your hard boiled eggs, then cut them in half and remove the yolk with a spoon. 


2) Place the yolks in a mixing bowl and set the egg whites aside on a plate to be filled.


3) Add the mayonnaise, sugar, honey mustard, salt and pepper, and vinegar (if using) in the mixing bowl with the egg yolks. Mix every thing together until smooth, then taste to see if you want to add more salt and pepper.


4) After your have mixed your ingredients together you can use a spoon or pastry bag with tip to fill your egg whites. Then chill them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve them.



A rather simple recipe for a favorite at parties. One note that I do want to point out is that if you chill your egg yolk mixture before filling the egg whites it will be easier to use a pastry bag with tip to fill your egg whites, giving them a prettier presentation. I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. Next time I think I am going to try buffalo deviled eggs, what do you think about that?

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment