Monday, June 16, 2014

Chocolate Protein Balls

I have been searching on Pinterest for different recipes to make using the chocolate protein powder I have. I love using it for the normal shake that it is designed for, but I am super excited about this recipe for protein bars or balls (which ever you prefer to make). (I found the recipe on Make 1 Kaday Blog on Pinterest.) They have the right amount of sweetness when I am craving a sweet snack and they also help to give me the energy I need to keep up with my little ones, not to mention they are on the healthier side. Give them a try.

Ingredients

- 4 Scoops of chocolate protein powder
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of almond milk (I didn't have almond milk so I used skim milk)
- 1/2 of a nut butter (I used peanut butter)


1) Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix together.


2) Continue to mix until all the ingredients are well combined.


3) Once the ingredients are combined, make sure your hands are washed and start rolling small balls out of your mixture and placing them on a wax paper lined baking sheet. 


4) Lastly, place the protein balls in the refrigerator until you are ready to eat them.


You can also make these into protein bars by pressing all of the mixture into a baking sheet and chilling, then cutting into bars. Another thing that you can do to add more variety is to use some add ins, such as: chocolate chips, chia seeds, flax, craisins, or coconut flakes.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment