Monday, June 16, 2014

Frozen Yogurt Popsicle with Fruit

I know my kids get super excited when I let them have a popsicle, which is probably not as often as they would like; so, I decided to make some popsicles that aren't filled with excess dyes and sugars. They loved them and so did I, not only for the taste, but for the possibilities of varieties that can be made. Give them a try.

Ingredients

- 1 1/2 cups of yogurt (I used low fat vanilla yogurt)
- 1 1/2 cups of a frozen fruit (I used a blend of raspberries, blueberries, and black berries)


1) Add your fruit and yogurt to a food processor or blender.


2) Blend on low until smooth. There may be some small chunks of fruit, it doesn't need to be completely smooth (I know we prefer small bits of fruit in our popsicles). This is the time that if you would like you could add some sugar and blend; we decided not to add sugar, I didn't think it needed it.


3) Fill your popsicle mold and place the sticks in and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours or until frozen.


4) Once frozen, remove a popsicle from the mold and enjoy. 


One note I do want to make, do not run the mold under hot water to remove the popsicle, for the fact that frozen yogurt popsicles tend to melt a lot fast when you run the mold under hot water. You can use what ever fruit or even vegetable blend you prefer. With this method you can change up what kind of popsicle you have all summer and you can be more confident about what you are feeding your kids.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment