Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice

A lot of recipes that I make using pumpkin call for pumpkin pie spice as well; but, I honestly don't like paying around $4 dollars for 1 or 2 ounces of it. I actually never realized how easy it is to make my own, just 4 simple ingredients, that I normally have in the house any way. Give this one a try and you will never have to buy pumpkin pie spice again.

Ingredients

- 1/4 cup of ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp of ground ginger
- 2 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp of ground cloves or allspice (I used ground cloves)


1) Place all the spices in a small bowl or air tight container and mix together.


2) Once thoroughly mixed together you are finished. Use this mix any time your recipe calls for pumpkin pie spice.


Simple. Affordable. Perfect. Another plus to making this recipe is it makes the kitchen smell good! I used this mix to make homemade pumpkin yogurt (which will be my next blog post).

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment