Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Pumpkin Nut Butter

I had a big can of pumpkin to use up and was trying to figure out what to do with it when I came across this recipe for pumpkin nut butter. I had to make it partially out of curiosity and just because I love pumpkin. I found this recipe on chocolatecoveredkatie.com, it is quite simple and quick to make and definitely has a uniqueness about it, but I like it; so does my 1 year old, she eats it by the spoonful. You can use it on your toast, pancakes, french toast, in oatmeal or by the spoonful, lots of options and a change up from the normally peanut butter or butter.

Ingredients
(I doubled this recipe)

- 1/3 cup of pureed pumpkin or canned pumpkin (I used canned)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp of a nut butter, ie peanut butter, almond, or even coconut (I used peanut butter)
- pinch of salt
- Optional: added sweetener- 1/2 packet of stevia or 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar (I used brown sugar)


1) Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or a mixing bowl (if using a mixing bowl, mix together with a spoon). Mix together.


2) Remove from your bowl and place it in an air tight container for storage or enjoy right away.


That is it. I love 1 or 2 step recipes like this. One recommendation that they give on the website is that if the peanut butter is hard, heat it up slightly before mixing it in. We have mainly eaten ours by the spoonful so far, but we are looking forward to trying it out on many different things.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment