Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies

First off I have to tell you these cookies are far more than I expected. I found the recipe for them here, and was a little skeptical on how they would turn out; like, would they be more like a cake then a cookie or would they be dry (like some other cake mix cookies I have tried before), but oh no, they were so delicious and definitely nothing like a cake. I will warn you though, if you make these they will be really hard to resist and if you make them for a party I would make a couple batches, they won't last long. Give these a try and let me know what you think about them.

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

-1 box of cake mix, 18 oz (I used 2 boxes of cupcake mix, they were 8.5 oz a box)
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened (I used salted)
- 1 egg

Optional
- 1 tablespoon of hot fudge (because who doesn't love more chocolate)



1) Add cake mix, softened butter, and egg to a mixing bowl. Use a sturdy spatula or hand mixer to mix ingredients together until everything is moistened and mixed well.



2) After every thing was mixed well together I added the tablespoon of hot fudge and mixed it in.


3) Roll you dough into rounded balls (I flattened mine a little before placing in the oven) and place in the preheated oven.


4) Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, remove from oven, allow to cool and then serve.



SO DELICIOUS!! As you can see I had little helpers today, since this is such a simple recipe it is definitely a fun one to let your kids help you and in turn they get to learn. One idea I definitely have for these cookies is to use them to make homemade ice cream sandwiches; place a little bit of vanilla ice cream (or your favorite) in between two of these cookies, roll the edges in mini chocolate chips and wrap with plastic wrap to freeze a little, then devour. I highly recommend this recipe. Let me know what you think of it.

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment