Monday, September 21, 2015

Salsa Chicken

I was trying to think of some thing new to make tonight with the thawing chicken that stared me down every time I opened the refrigerator today (Like I said in my post the other day, you will be seeing a few chicken recipes to use the chicken I bought). So, tonight after picking up a new salsa at Sam's Club I came up with an idea for a recipe that I thought sounded like a great idea in my head, I had to test it out to see if my mind and mouth agreed with each other. This salsa was only $0.91 for a variety pack of three, I could not pass it up. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 to 2 lbs of Chicken Breasts (thawed if frozen and trimmed)
- 1 Can of Corn, Drained (I used mexicorn, you can omit this if you are not a fan of corn)
- 1 Jar of Salsa (I used smoky chipotle & roasted tomato salsa)
- 1 cup of Shredded Cheese (I used Mexican blend shredded cheese)


1) Add prepped chicken, drained corn, and salsa to a baking dish. Top with shredded cheese, spread out evenly.


2) Place baking dish in preheated oven and bake for about 35 minutes or until your chicken is fully cooked.


3) Remove from the oven and serve.


This is the variety pack of salsa that I picked up at Sam's Club for $0.91, not sure if that is always the price, but I am definitely stocking up on it; the jars don't expired until November 2016.


This recipe is very simple (the way I like it) and I thought it was very tasty; my husband would agree, he definitely went back for seconds. I topped our dishes with a little more cheese and served it with some wild rice; the rice tasted amazing mixed with a little juice from the salsa. Try it out and let me know what you think and how you modified it to your liking.


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment