Monday, September 21, 2015

Spiced Cake Bread

Whenever I have boxed cake mix in the house, like when I stock up after finding a great sale (for example, I got Duncan Hines boxed cupcake mix 3 for $1.00); I search pinterest for fun new recipes to make things out of the cake mix. This time I found a fun recipe (found here) where you use boxed yellow cake mix and make it into a spiced cake; perfect for Fall, right? So, I got right to work making this one, but instead of cake I made a bread loaf. I figured it would be a great breakfast addition for my family on these nice cool mornings as Fall slowly approaches.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 Box of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of  Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of  Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves
- 3 Eggs
- 6 tsp of Butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup of Milk (I used vanilla soy milk, Silk)


1) Add the boxed cake mix, ground cinnamon, ground, nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground cloves to a mixing bowl and blend together.


2) Next, you can just follow the directions on the back of the boxed cake mix, or to make it more it closer to a bakery version cake/bread add the wet ingredients listed above. Add 3 eggs, 6 tsp of melted butter and 1/2 of milk. (directions found here)


3) Using a hand mixer, blend on low for 30 secs until all ingredients are moist and then mix on medium for 2 minutes.


4) Pour you batter into a loaf pan and place in your preheated oven. 


5) Baking for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick or tester stick comes of dry.




It is delicious! You can add a little bit of butter or cream cheese (maybe pumpkin cream cheese) to it for a yummy breakfast; I even debated making a glaze or icing for it. Give it a try, it is going to be new Fall favorite for us.

Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment