Saturday, September 19, 2015

Simple Chicken in the Crockpot

I know, I know, once again I have slacked off in the blogging department and life got in the way; but, I received a little nudge last week from some one to start up again. Well, for me when life gets hectic and I am running low on energy I turn to my crockpot; I am sure I am not the only one, am I right? Especially with fall approaching I think it is time to break out the crockpot and make some warm and comforting food.

I tend to buy my meats and chickens in bulk from a local meat department, Karns Quality Foods, that has amazing prices and great quality food. This week I bought 10 lbs of chicken breasts for $1.79 lb, I bring it home and separate it into normal portion sizes that my family eats at a meal, then freeze portions of it. So, as I was walking the track at my local gym, YMCA, I searched Pinterest for every crockpot chicken recipe I could find that looked pretty good to amazing. (You might be seeing a lot of chicken recipes, sorry). So here is a quick and easy one I found here.

Ingredients

- Chicken breasts (they recipe I found said 4-5 frozen chicken breasts from a bag, 
I used 1.5-2 lbs of fresh chicken breasts)

- 1 can of Rotel (10 oz, undrained)

- 1 can of corn (15.25 oz, drained)

- 1 block of cream cheese (8 oz, you can cube it if you would like, 
I just left it whole and it worked great)

- 1 can of beans (you can use any kind you prefer, I wanted to use black beans, 
but we only had kidney beans. Drained and rinsed)

- Salt and pepper or seasoning to taste


1) Add all your ingredients to the crockpot. If your chicken is frozen you can leave it frozen, no need to thaw; I used fresh chicken breast.


2) Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours for frozen chicken or 3-4 for fresh chicken. 


Once your timer goes off take your lid off and give every thing a good stir. Your chicken will be tender and juicy, and delicious! That is really all there is to this recipe, and there are several ways to change this recipe to your liking; with  bean choice, you can add rice or pasta, I ended up serving broccoli with our meal too. Have fun with it and enjoy a super easy meal that you can enjoy with your family.

Enjoy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment