Thursday, December 5, 2013

Amazingly yummy sugar cookies

I was going to wait till the new year to make my first recipe post, but I can't let the holidays pass without sharing my favorite sugar cookie recipe. I know, I know, there are so many sugar cookie recipes out there, but trust me these cookies barely make it off the cooling rack before they are gone. Since they are one of our favorites, I hope they can become one of yours.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter softened (the recipe didn't specify salted or unsalted, but from experience definitely use SALTED)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg (I use a large egg)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt


1) Mix together your softened butter and sugar on medmum speed. I prefer a hand mixer but a stand mixer will work as well.


2) After the butter and sugar are combined add the egg (no need to beat ahead of time), vanilla extract, and the almond extract (in my opinion this is what makes these cookies amazing) and mix till combined.

3) Next mixture flour and salt together in a separate bowl, then add to mixture. Mix together until well combined, but don't worry if your dough looks like it's not forming, like it's a bunch of separate little pieces, it's ok. Just wash your hands and dig in; I've learned that from here on out it's best to just use your hands.


4) Once you have your dough ready you can use a cookie press, formed dough balls, or these awesome Wilton cookie pans shown below (normally every year Target has new Wilton holiday cookie pans with new designs). If using a cookie press DO NOT refrigerator the dough.



5) Bake the cookies at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 9-10 minutes (depending on your oven) or until the edges are a golden brown.


And there you have it, amazingly yummy sugar cookies! With this recipe and my pans the yield was about 2 1/2 dozen; depending on what method you use to form the cookies and if you can resist eating the dough you can yield up to about 4 dozen.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment