Thursday, December 12, 2013

Finally, a coffee cup brownie that's AMAZING!!!

I was browsing my Twitter account (@LauriWert) when I came across this recipe from Chef Ron Lock (@Chef_Ron_Lock) for a coffee cup brownie. I have to admit I was super skeptical at first, because every other coffee cup brownie or cake I have ever tried did not live up to all the hype; but, when I made this one, I wished I had more when it was gone. It is super moist and had amazing flavor, all for only a few minutes of prep and 60-90 seconds of cooking. I recommend you give it a try for yourself.

Ingredients

- 2 tbsp butter, melted (I used salted)
- 2 tbsp water (I used lukewarm)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 dash of salt
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour

- 12 oz coffee cup (the one I used was a little bigger, so my brownie only filled half of the cup)


1) Add the melted butter, water, vanilla, and dash of salt to the coffee cup; and mix well.


2) Add the cocoa powder and mix well. Then add the sugar and mix well. Lastly, add the flour and mix well. (It is key to mix well between additions)


3) Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds, but be careful not to overcook. The center should be slightly molten.


The final step now is to add ice cream, whipped cream, or powdered sugar on top and dig in. Another way of serving would be to use a 12 oz ramekins; you can serve them after dinner as a little treat for the whole family. I hope you enjoy this recipe, I know my family has.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. These could be deadly. All too easy to make for a quick "fix" that I'll probably gain 300lbs making myself one of these daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great one after a long day! Thanks for following my blog!

      Delete
  2. I made this last night and you're right, it's very good. I have made one other "mug cake" in the past and I loved the first bite, but by the end I started feeling sick from the taste.

    ReplyDelete