Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Amazing crockpot meal... especially on these cold days

I am sure everyone sees all the recipes that are shared through Facebook; but, half the time we, including me, fail to do more then just look at the recipes and dream of how good it could be. Well, I am not going to just hit that share button and dream any more. This recipe was one floating around on facebook, and I highly recommend you try it out. There are only a few ingredients and all you have to do is put them in your crockpot and you will have an amazing dinner in 5-6 hrs. The first time I made this recipe my husband I went back for 3rds, yes you read that right, it is that good. Also it makes for excellent leftovers, if there is any left. So try it and let me know what you think.

Ingredients

- 1 bag of frozen tortellini (my bag was 13 oz and I have used tricolored and regular cheese tortellini)
- 2 cans of Italian style diced tomatoes (I have also made it using 2 cans of diced tomatoes with sweet onion as well, both are amazing)
- 1 box or 4 cups of vegetable broth (I use 3 to 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth, we prefer the taste better)
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, cubed
- 1 small bag of fresh spinach (I found it best to wait until there is about 2 hours left to cook and add the spinach then, I have noticed if you add it at the beginning it is to wilted for our taste)



1) Add the tortellini, tomatoes, broth, and cubed cream cheese to your crockpot. Stir together if you would like, but no need. (If I am home, I periodically will stir, but once again there is no need)


2) Set your crockpot on low for 5-6 hrs; if you did not add your spinach at the beginning, I would suggest adding it with about 2 hours left.

3) Stir and enjoy


If you would like when it is finished serve with chicken or sausage, both accompany it very well.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. I will have to message you with Elise's grandma's tortellini soup recipe. It's very similar although not a crockpot recipe. It's more like a 30 min meal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We loved it!!!!! Thanks for the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am so glad you tried it!! And loved it!!

      Delete