Monday, December 16, 2013

Simple, yet irresistible banana bread

I have been making this banana bread recipe for years, which has never failed to be a crowd pleaser. I love how simple it is to make, even my two year old loves to help and I can't forget to mention eat it. I hope you give it a try and have some fun making it and sharing it with the family.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 4 ripe bananas (it is important to make sure they are ripe, with brown spots, if not it will not turn out)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (that is 5 1/3 tbsp and I used salted)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup flour


1) Peel the bananas and put them in a large mixing bowl, meanwhile melt the butter and pour over the bananas. Mash the bananas and butter together (I use a potato masher). This is my son's favorite part to help with.


2) Add in the sugar, egg (make sure the egg is beaten before adding), vanilla, salt, and baking soda to the banana mixture. Mix well.


3) Add the flour and mix well.


4) You are now ready to add your mixture to a loaf pan, place in the oven, and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hr.


Depending on your oven it may take less then a hour to bake; I use a convection oven and it takes about 45 minutes. To be sure your banana bread is done test it with a cake tester or toothpick and when it comes out dry your bread is ready.


Allow your bread to cool, then slice and enjoy. My family enjoys this recipe as is, but I urge you to try it with walnuts or chocolate chips, both are amazing!


Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Nice recipe. Looks delicious! Sometimes the simplest recipes are the absolute best ones. I'm a firm believer in that. Love your step-by-step process photos too. I wish I was better at that on my blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, I hope you get a chance to try these recipes some time. You have a blog? I am interested :)

      Delete