Monday, December 2, 2013

For a long time now I have been reading everyone else's blogs, Facebook posts, and looking at all their crafty projects on instagram; marveling at every thing they do and wondering what I am good at. I have tried my hand at sewing, making clothes, blankets, etc, but I can never seem to sew in a straight line no matter how hard I try (although my kids do love their crookedly sown blankets). I am definitely not an artist; not with paint, markers, pencils, clay or any thing. I try to stay away from DIY home remodels, table making, installing shelves, any thing along those lines; if you know me: me plus tools (such as saws) equal a trip to the hospital and skin grafts. I think you are probably starting to get the idea. As I sat and thought a little longer, trying to figure out a constant in my every day, some thing I can do to make others happy, care for my family, and use a talent I have I came up with an idea. I love to cook and bake; I love seeing others reactions when they taste some thing delicious and you can see a comfort and happiness on their face and their bodies relax, forgetting all their cares within a bite. Well, I might be dramatizing this a little, but I hope you get the picture. So, this is where this blog comes in; I am making a resolution to cook/bake every day in 2014, making new recipes and some old ones, all while recording it in a blog. I will post my recipes, pictures before/during/after, and whether it was a hit or not. Throughout the year I would like to have recipe suggestions from readers (hoping I have some), maybe a recipe you think may be good but haven't had the time to make. I will also need some testers, so if you are in the area let me know, because I am making you breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert. So, follow me and starting January 1st I will start 365 days of cooking.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an excellent idea/experiment!! I look forward to reading your blog to see how things turn out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost like Julie and Julia...excited to see all that you do and we already have a "date" scheduled for January (well we should soon!)

    ReplyDelete