Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Coffee Cake Muffins

I love muffins; well my husband and I were talking, I think I like almost any thing with flour. So, this is how my search started for an awesome apple muffin, one catch was I wanted to use my box of yellow cake mix too.  During my search I found this recipe on ourbestbites.com; and let me tell you, these muffins are AMAZING!! I could not believe how good they were, I was going to share some with friends, but by the time I got around to it my family had devoured them all.  Give them a try some time, I highly recommend them.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup of canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled and chopped (I used 2 large stayman apples)
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of all purpose flour

Topping:

- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of butter, softened (I used salted)


1) In the bowl of a stand mixer add the cake mix, oil, cinnamon, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Beat for 30 seconds to mix all the ingredients together and then beat on high for 3 more minutes.


2) Peel and chop the apple and then toss them in lemon juice, then add the flour and toss to coat the apples evenly. Add the apples to the batter and mix in. 


3) Divide the batter evenly between lined muffin pans. Then mix together the topping starting by mixing together the flour, sugar, and cinnamon, then cut the softened butter into the dry mixture until the topping becomes crumbly. Sprinkle over top the batter in the muffin pans.


4) Place the pan in your preheated oven and bake for about 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.


These make an awesome grab and go breakfast. I hope you get a chance to try these, I know I will definitely be making them here often. They are super moist and delicious. This recipe makes 24 muffins or you can also use a loaf pan and make this a loaf coffee cake.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment