Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Crock-pot Fried Rice

Everyone loves a good crock-pot recipe and I love a good rice recipe. I found this recipe for my left over rice on crockpot365.blogspot.com; and my family really enjoyed it. I had to alter it a little because I didn't have every thing it called for but really wanted to try it. So, here it is.

Ingredients

- 2 cups of leftover rice (I used brown rice)
- 3 tbsp of butter (I used salted)
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce (I used lite soy sauce)
- 2 tsp of worcestershire sauce (I didn't have this so I read you can substitute steak sauce and a dash of vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 cup of any frozen veggie of your choice (I used peas, a fresh carrot diced, and mushrooms)
- 1 large egg


1) Add EVERYTHING to the crock-pot.


2) Stir everything together and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on low for 3 to 4 hours.


3) Once finished transfer to a serving dish and enjoy as a side dish.


So simple. I love easy recipes like this, that do not take much effort to prepare, but still provide you with an amazing side dish.  Next time I am going to try this with a different combination of vegetables. Give it a try and let me know what combination of vegetables you came up with.

Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment