Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Raspberry Crumb Bars

I bought organic natural raspberry spread the other day, because I love raspberry and was hoping it would make an awesome PB and J, but it was to sweet for me. So, I needed a recipe that I could use it in, so it didn't go to waste. I found this recipe on pinterest from cookingclassy.com for these amazing raspberry crumb bars. I was very impressed with the recipe, it was easy to make and it cut the sweetness of the raspberry spread so it was not over powering with sweetness. One warning though, they are addicting!!

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of light brown sugar
- 1/2 of unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup of raspberry spread


1) In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking soda, and salt and mix together.


2) Stir in the oats and brown sugar.


3) Add the butter, use clean hands and work the butter into the dry mixture, until every thing is evenly moistened.


4) Add 2 cup of the mixture to the bottom of a 8 X 8 foil lined glass baking dish. Pressure the mixture down into an even layer.


5) Pour the raspberry spread over the oat layer and spread out, coming within a 1/4 inch of all the edges.


6) Then add the remaining oat mixture and slightly press into the raspberry spread.


7) Place in your preheated oven for about 33 to 38 minutes or until golden brown.


8) Once finished and removed from the oven, remove the foil from the pan and allow the 8 X 8 square to cool on the foil on a cooling rack. Once completely cool cut into even bars.


I cut mine into 25 small bars (to help portion how much we ate at once, I ate less when they were in smaller pieces). These were so good, it will be hard to eat just one. I hope you get a chance to try them, I highly recommend them.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment