Thursday, February 6, 2014

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Pancakes

I love pancakes, almost every different way (so do my kids) and the other day I was thinking of how a pancake would be if I used applesauce instead of an egg and added some oatmeal and cut back on the flour, and of course a dash of cinnamon.  Well, let me tell you, very delicious! They are a heartier pancake so you probably won't be able to eat as many, but I really wished I could they were so good!

Ingredients

- 1 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of sugar (you can use less if you would prefer)
- 1/2 cup of applesauce (I used all natural no sugar added)
- 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup of milk (I used skim milk)


1) Add all the dry ingredients (flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon) to a medium mixing bowl and mix to combine.


2) Form a well in the middle of your dry ingredients.


3) Add the applesauce and the milk to the well you have made in your dry mix and stir well, until the ingredients are combined, some lumps are fine.


4) Pour about a 1/4 cup of your pancake batter per pancake on a preheated skillet or pan.  Allow for bubbles to form uniformly across the top before flipping.


5) When finished remove from your pan and serve them with maple syrup.


There you have it, hearty and amazing apple cinnamon oatmeal pancakes.  Please give them and try some time and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment