Monday, February 24, 2014

Crunchy Baked Broccoli

Let me start this blog off by saying that I am sorry that I am so far behind this month. With the hecticness of planning a 1 year old's birthday party and just life in general I have slacked a little when it comes to staying current on the blog; for that I am sorry. Please keep tuning in though for whats new, I definitely have a bunch of recipes that I am working on posting now.

Don't let the name of this snack/side dish deter you in any way, they are so good.  If you like kale chips at all you will most likely love these crunchy baked broccoli.  I truthfully ate the entire batch I made today, by myself.  Definitely give this one a try, it is a healthier snack that even your kids will love; its a great way to get them to eat their green vegetables.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 2 cups of washed and chopped broccoli (don't cut your broccoli to small, just enough to make it so you can eat them in one bite)
- 2 to 3 cloves of minced garlic (or you can use 3/8 tsp of garlic powder, which is what I used)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)


1) Chop the broccoli and place it in a large Ziploc bag or a bowl that has a lid.  Then add the remaining ingredients and shake to coat. After your broccoli is coated well, place in a single layer on a non-stick baking sheet.  


2) Place your baking sheet in your preheated oven for about 30 minutes.  Remove and allow to cool slightly, then serve.


There you have it, simple and delicious crunchy baked broccoli. I could not believe how much I liked it, it was so good.  One suggestion that I do have, is that I started the baking process used my convection function on my oven and after about 10 minutes I checked on them and they were baking to fast; so, I switched over to the conventional oven function for the remainder of the time and it worked perfectly.  So make sure if you have the option use the conventional function.  Also, I would recommend stirring the broccoli around about halfway through cooking just to prevent any burning or sticking that could potentially happen.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment