Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chocolate Pudding From Scratch

I really wanted some thing chocolate tonight, and then that turned into a interest for some chocolate pudding; but, we didn't have any.  So, I started my search online for a chocolate pudding recipe that was good and that I had all the ingredients for. I found this recipe on tasteofhome.com and altered it just slightly, it is pretty good, give it a try.

Ingredients

- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 4 cups of milk (I used 3 1/2 cups of skim milk and 1/2 of heavy cream; you can use all milk if you want)
- 2 tbsp of butter (I used salted)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract


1) In a heavy saucepan add the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt; then slowly add the milk. Stir.  Heat on medium heat and bring to a boil.


2) Once boiling, stir for 2 minutes.  Then remove from heat and add the butter and vanilla extract.


3) Divide into individual serving dishes and chill until you are ready to serve.


This pudding was tasty warm and chilled, I prefer chilled though.  This recipe will yield about 6 to 8 servings. I would recommend using whole milk when you make it, I would of if I had some. I find that whole milk makes things creamy and gives a some what richer flavor.  You can also top your pudding with whatever you would like (M&Ms, whipped topping, etc) or eat it just as it is.  Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment