Saturday, February 1, 2014

Crock Pot Apple Oatmeal

I saw this recipe going around on Facebook and I had to try it.  I have made it several times in the past month or so here in our house, I love that it is a fuss free crock pot meal and my kids love it.  It has a simple flavor and very filling (in a good way).  Give it a try some time.

Ingredients

- 2 medium apples (I used gala apples and peeled and cubed them)
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar 
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (use more if you like cinnamon, I used a touch more)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 cups of milk (I have made it with skim milk and whole milk, separate times, both work well)
- 2 cups of water


1) Place apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in the bottom of the crock pot.


2) Add the rolled oats, milk, and water over the other ingredients; DO NOT STIR.


3) Cover with lid, turn the crock pot on low for 8-9 hrs (overnight), and in the morning divide and serve.


Very simple and delicious breakfast with little prep.  One thing that I would suggest is that if you want a sweeter oatmeal add sugar to your liking and you could also add more cinnamon on top before serving.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment