Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Parmesan Garlic Breadsticks

Well, I had to use the rest of the dough that I had left over from my cheesy sausage roll-ups, so I decided to make bread sticks.  If you haven't picked up on this yet from my blogs, I love bread; so breadsticks were a perfect solution to my leftover dough "problems".  Give this a try some time, very simple to make and can go with so many different dishes.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- Fresh pizza dough (I used the recipe from the BBQ chicken pizza blog)
- 2 tbsp of melted butter (I used unsalted)
- Garlic powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese


1) Grab a small ball of dough and roll it between your hands or on a lightly floured surface, until your dough is long and slender (resembling a breadstick).  Note: they will puff up in the oven, so make sure your dough is not to thick.  Place your dough on a baking sheet and brush with the melted butter.  Then sprinkle with the garlic powder and Parmesan cheese to your liking.


2) Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool slightly after removing from the oven and serve with your favorite sauce or pasta dish.



There you have it, a simple solution for your leftover dough.  This is a great addition to any pasta dish, instead of the normal slice of bread and butter.  Give it a try some time and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment