Friday, February 14, 2014

Granola Bars

So, when I was thinking about what to make today I saw my jar of granola, that I made yesterday, sitting on my counter; then I had an idea, granola bars.  I found a super simple recipe online for a chewy granola bar (on minimalistbaker.com) and tweaked it a little. They are no bake and are delicious and simple.

Ingredients

- 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup (I used maple syrup, because I didn't have honey)
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter (I used smooth JIF peanut butter)
- 2 cups of granola (The recipe I posted 2/13/14)


1) In a small sauce pan add the peanut butter and honey or maple syrup. Heat on low until they are combined.


2) In a medium mixing bowl add the granola and pour the peanut butter maple syrup mixture over top.  Mix well, making sure to coat every thing. Transfer your mixture to an 8 x 8 glass dish lined with wax paper and press down.


3) Place in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes or until set up. Remove from refrigerator and cut into bars. 


There you have it, very simple chewy granola bars.  You can also add dried fruits, such as craisins, raisins, or chopped dates.  Give them a try some time and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment