Monday, February 24, 2014

Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" Chocolate Cake

I have made this chocolate cake for several occasions now, and it always comes out so good.  After making this cake from scratch I rarely ever make my cakes any other way any more.  This is a simple recipe to follow for an amazingly moist chocolate cake. Give it a try some time.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups of Hershey's cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 eggs (I didn't beat mine ahead of time)
- 1 cup of milk (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of boiling water


1) Combine your dry ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer, mix until well incorporated. Then add the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla, and beat on medium for about 2 minutes. 


2) Boil your water and then stir into your batter. Note: your batter will be thin, that is normal and nothing to panic about. 


3) Pour your batter into two greased 9 inch round cake pans and place in preheated oven.  Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.  Remove from oven when finished and allow to cool in pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes, then remove from pan and allow to cool completely before icing.

I am so sorry that I didn't get a finished product picture, with all the hecticness in my house prepping for the party I forgot to get the picture before the cake was devoured.  I hope that you give this one a try some time, even though I have no final picture I can guarantee this cake is amazing.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment