Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Creamy and Cheesy Rice and Black Bean Side Dish

This recipe has some similarities to the cheesy chicken and rice dish I had previously posted, but this one is a delicious side dish. If you are a fan of rice and black beans give this one a try; one thing I love about it is how you can adjust the recipe to your liking. You can add spices or maybe some fresh tomato on top like we used. Give it a try.

Ingredients

- 2 cups of uncooked rice (it will be more then 2 cups after it is cooked. I used brown rice)
- 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese (I used a marbled cheddar block cheese, then shredded it myself)
- 4 oz of cream cheese (1/2 of one block)
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed


1) Cook your rice, I used a rice cooker, but you can use the stovetop as well. Then preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Shred your cheese and cube your cream cheese. Place all prepped ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well, until combined.


2) Transfer your mixed ingredients from the mixing bowl to a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and smooth it out. Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 15 minutes.


3) Remove from the oven, place in bowls or on a dish and serve.



There you have it, simple side dish with lots of possibilities. I am a big fan of rice and black beans, so this side dish is high on my list. Give it a try some time and let me know what ways you may have altered or added to it.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment