Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ground Chicken Meatballs

I always enjoy making homemade meatballs, I find it kind of relaxing (I know that may sound odd).  I love to change up what kind of meat I use (ground beef, ground turkey, ground chicken, etc).  I also tend to experiment with seasonings and make up my own recipes for them.  This is one of my recipes for ground chicken meatballs, give them a try.

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 1 cup of croutons (your choice of flavor, I used garden herb)
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of parsley
- 1/2 tsp of basil
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of milk (I used skim milk)


1) Place the croutons, oregano, parsley, basil, garlic powder, and Parmesan cheese in a food processor and run on high until the croutons are made into crumbs. In a medium mixing bowl put the ground chicken, your crumb mixture, and the milk.  Mix together until well combined.


2) Use your hand and take small chunks of the mixture and roll between your palms forming meatballs.  Place on a baking sheet and place in your preheated oven for 7 to 8 minutes, then flip the meatballs, cook for another 5 to 6 minutes or until cooked through.


3) Once the meatballs are cooked through remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.  Serve over pasta or on a roll with sauce. 


There you have it, tasty ground chicken meatballs.  A few notes, if you don't have a food processor place your croutons in a ziploc bag and crush them, then add the other dry ingredients and shake to mix.  Also, if you would like, you can cook the meatballs all the way through with out flipping, it is up to you.  Give them a try some time and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!







No comments:

Post a Comment