Monday, February 3, 2014

Snow Ice Cream

I was going through my news feed on Facebook, on this cold snowy day, and I saw that one of my friends posted a recipe for "snow ice cream".  What a perfect thing to do with my little ones on a day like this; during a winter season like we have been having; so, we went outside and grabbed some clean fresh snow and made ice cream.  Try it with your little ones.

Ingredients

- 4 cups of fresh, clean snow
- 1 cup of milk (I used skim because that is what we had, but I think whole milk would be better)
- 1/4 cup of sugar (you can add more if you prefer it sweeter)
- 1 tsp of vanilla (add more if you love the taste of vanilla, 1 tsp gives it the taste of vanilla, but it is not strong)


1) Add all your ingredients in a blender or food processor and mix together.  Enjoy as a "milkshake" from the blender or place in freezer for 1 1/2 hours, then serve.


It was a lot of fun to make this with the kids and it is rather tasty.  As a kid eating snow was so much fun to me, so this brought out the inner child in me; plus, it reminds me slightly of Rita's vanilla water ice, which is my favorite.  Give it a try some time.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment