Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cheesy Sausage Roll-Ups

I love looking for new, unique, and fun things to make for dinner; I don't want any one in my house getting bored with the same old things.  So, tonight we had sausage (honestly I used Bratwurst) roll-ups. I made a batch of my pizza dough (can be found on the BBQ chicken pizza blog) and cut it in long flat strips and wrapped it around a Bratwurst (which the Brat was already wrapped in cheese).  They were fun and tasty, do try them some time.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- Bratwurst or sausage links, how ever many you need for your group (I broiled them ahead of time, 5 minutes on one side then flipped and another 4 minutes on the other side, cooked to perfection)
- Fresh pizza dough (I made one batch and had left over dough, which can be frozen)
- 1 slice of cheese per roll up (I used American)

Optional
- Mustard (I used yellow mustard, but if I have brown mustard I would definitely use that)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of butter, melted (I used unsalted)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder


1) Roll out a small ball of your pizza dough, until long and flat.  Then, using a pizza cutter, cut your flat dough into 3/4 to 1 inch wide strips.


2) Take a slice of cheese and place it on one of the dough strips, then place one sausage or Bratwurst link on top of the cheese, and if you are using mustard squirt a small amount (about 1/2 tsp) onto the cheese. Then roll the dough around all the ingredients, working up the link in a spiral fashion, making sure that the dough edges overlap.


3) Repeat the rolling process for each link.  If you would like at this point you can brush the top of the dough with melted butter, then lightly sprinkle each with garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.


4) Place in your preheated oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool slightly before serving.


There you have it, cheesy sausage roll-ups.  I really enjoyed them; they were super simple to make.  I would recommend that you try them out your self and have some fun with it, use whatever cheese, sausage or condiment you would like; you could also do this with hot dogs.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment