Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Basic Buffalo Chicken Dip

Well, this would have been a  good post before the Superbowl; but nonetheless, this is an amazing snack any time of year.  I have tried many different recipes for buffalo chicken dip, most of them call for blue cheese crumbles and/or ranch or blue cheese dressing, but this one did not.  Let me tell you this is actually my favorite and easiest thus far.  Give it a try some time.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cups of hot sauce (I prefer Frank's Red Hot, but use what you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (I used extra sharp cheddar block cheese and shredded it myself)
- 1 chicken breast or large can of chicken, cooked and shredded (I actually used cooked drumsticks, about 8 of them)


1) If you had not had your cream cheese out softening up, put it in a microwave safe bowl for about 30 seconds to soften it.  Then add the shredded cheese, shredded chicken, and hot sauce.  Note: I used a food processor on pulse to shred my chicken.


2) Mix all the ingredients well together and place in your preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbly.


3) Remove from oven and serve warm with corn chips or crackers.


There you have it, super simply and AMAZING buffalo chicken dip.  If you would like you can add a 1/2 cup of ranch or blue cheese dressing, which I have had it that way before too and it is good.  I love this recipe and will probably be making it this way from now on. If you get a chance to try it please do and let me know what you think about it.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment