Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pull Apart Pizza Bread

This recipe was a suggestion from one of my readers, he had been meaning to try it, and I would recommend that he and everyone else should try it as well.  It is a simple recipe to follow and fun to eat (especially with kids).  The kids can even help make it if you want.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit

Ingredients

- 2 cans of pizza dough or Grands biscuits (I used Grands biscuits)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (I used a 8 oz block of whole milk mozzarella and shredded it myself)
- 2 tbsp of parsley flakes (I used about 1 1/2 tbsp)
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese

Optional
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder (I used this)
- 1/2 tsp of oregano (I used this)
- 8 oz of pepperoni 


1) Open the biscuit cans and cut each biscuit into quarters, place in a large bowl.  Add the mozzarella, parsley, olive oil, and Parmesan, plus any optional ingredients you are using to the bowl; then mix/toss well.  Making sure to coat every thing with the olive oil.


2) Transfer ingredients to a bundt pan and place in your preheated oven.  Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.


3) When finished remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly, then flip onto a plate while it is still hot.  Serve with a side of sauce of your choice.


There you have it, DELICIOUS pull apart pizza bread.  I left it whole like that when I served it, I put out bowls of sauce and my family and I just pulled it apart to eat it.  It is very tasty, I would recommend that if you like pepperoni used it, it would give it a little extra; we didn't use it because I personally don't like it.  Also, another suggestion that I would give you is that once you notice that the top is golden brown (around 25 minutes) pull a small piece of the top up to make sure that it is cooked all the way through, if not let it cook for the last 5 minutes. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment